Okay, this won’t be a chronicle. Just because I am a fanatic against food that comes in a package and has weird ingredients which was better off as a chemistry experiment it does not mean you should stop eating them. However, I have.
Okay, that was NOT easy. I had not realized exactly how many things I have actually added to my diet without realizing they were processed food. I had to give up:
1. this was the biggest one. MAGGI.
2. Soups. All kinds which come in packets or cans.
3. Sausages which has Sodium Nitrate in the content. I still eat handmade sausages and okay, yes, bacon. Yes, that’s filled with Nitrates, but give me a break!
4. Processed pre-packaged food. Okay, this was easy. They taste like hell anyway. So bye bye Ashirwad Dal Makhani and Bohri Biryani. I prefer to make my own or get some from Shiraz.
5. Pre-packaged french fries. And other stuff that comes from McCains and other such. Frozen food in general
6. Ajinamoto. Yes, this is not in the game, but I have, so there!
7. Most cold drinks. I still can’t let go of Diet Coke. But otherwise virtually all kinds of sodas. If I actually want to drink sodas, I make my own by mixing up lemon juice and sugar syrup with plain soda.
8. Alcohol. Mostly. I still cannot resist the occasional Mojito, but that’s it.
9. Sliced white bread. I am buying one from a local brand which makes REAL bread, which is delivered fresh, and still slightly warm, at about 7 o’clock in the morning. And its not sliced. Thank you, from now on I shall bring out my bread knife and bite into a warm, moist loaf.
10. Also a toughie. Jams and pickles from brands like Kissan and other such. I am making my own now. Its sort of scary at first, but after the first batch you realize how easy that was, you can make virtually any pickle you like.