|Gur Rosogullas in Kolkata|
Finding and consuming the best Bengali sweets in Kolkata might be a difficult task, but, now you can check these top five places around Kolkata which will serve you best quality sweets. The best rosogulla in Kolkata, at one point of time, was easily K.C. Das or Bhim Chandra Nag, but it is now a difficult thing to select, because there are so many different places around town which has cropped up. However, here is a short and comprehensive list of the top five places to eat rosogulla in the city.
- K.C. Das – Located in Esplanade, they are known as the first shop to popularize the humble rosogulla. Originally a sweet from Odisha, the rosogulla was added another dimension when it became popular through K.C. Das, who make white, fluffy, spongy ones that taste amazing.
- Chittaranjan – If you want recommendation for good rosogulla in town, then many will guide you towards Chittaranjan, which is definitely a great place for not just this, but more. They make a variety of very tasty sweets and mishti doi which are truly unforgettable in taste.
- Balaram Mullick & Radharaman Mullick – What I love about this place is not just the rosogulla, but the twists they have given to this dessert. Covering the soft white balls with a thick layer of rabdi, and then baking it, has given birth to a wonder called baked rosogulla, and it is definitely a very different version of the dessert.
- Bhim Chandra Nag – Another very old place which has competed with K.C. Das for a long time for supremacy in being the best in Kolkata, Bhim Nag has been a favorite with Bengalis when they want their sugar fix.
- Ganguram – They specialize in making wonderful sweets, and it is one of the top places for eating amazing rosogulla in Kolkata. While you are at the store, do not forget to check out their excellent Lassi, and, at the Golpark outlet, the different chaats and kachoris on offer.
In Kolkata, you would find plenty of great food, amazing desserts, and fantastic joints to hang out. From its fantastic cultural background, great night life and amazing places to shop from, it is truly an amazing and unforgettable experience.