It’s like one of those Spice Girls Songs. You remember the 1990s? And Sporty Spice and Ginger Spice and Bab Spice? I loved them. Well, it was that age, I guess. Made otherwise sane individual do weird things. Like imitating Kajol’s hairstyle in Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, or running around making people wear friendship bands.
I am glad that phrase is over.
Anyway, so. Where was I?
That’s right. Zest. Well, I love adding that little bit extra to my life. Because that makes life interesting. Whether its a bit of romance, or a slice of good fruit cake, life is all about making it worth living.
What I would really appreciate is going away somewhere fun.
But that’s not on the cards because I am broke after all that TDS and stuff I paid for the 31st because paying taxes is horrible and should be benned But I am currently re-scheduling my life and thinking about my priorities, and well, all that saving and investing is making me unhappy.
So, yes. I guess when you don’t have money, you will have to make do with other things. In my case, it’s simple. In the next few days, I have decided to engage more with people. Interact more, dedicate my time to them. Because, you can’t buy that, can you. So, here’s the top things I want to do to add some zest to my life.
1. Spend more time with friends. Especially those who I haven’t met recently. Go shopping more often with them. Shop everywhere – from the streets to the top designers, don’t leave them alone!
2. Go for long drives. Preferably with best friend. Carry food and beverage and set up a picnic. And maybe a camp somewhere. No, not on the roof. Maybe in a park or something. Or try hiking. No, not hitchhiking. Rather, think sleeping bags and the great outdoors and sturdy walking shoes. Whatever it is, best friend should be there.
3. Eat new food. Explore new cuisines. Travel to other places. Try out new kinds of meat and fish and vegetables and fruits and grains. The world is your apple.
4. Learn something new. Knitting, maybe? Maybe driving? Learn it because that will add something extra. Read a book from an author you don’t know anything about.
5. Take some time off to tell your family how awesome they are. Rather, take them out for dinner. Buy them gifts. Give them a hug. Make sure they know they are special… at least in your eyes. And last but not the least, take some time off and tell yourself you’re awesome. And you know you will be, too!
I solemnly swear that I will follow a few of these edicts. What about you? Don’t hesitate to add some Zest to your life today.