As the season of festivities and weddings are upon us, here’s a quick makeup look from Oriflame India. I recently went over to Oriflame’s Park Street office, and met Aakriti Kochhar, who demonstrated a quick festive look on a model. I was surprised to note how quickly this look could be put together.
Speaking about the festive trends this year, Aakriti told me that it was all about the skin. “We are aiming for a naturally highlighted look, you know, with glowing skin and fresh face. So the emphasis is on the clean look, which is what I would recommend.”
Oriflame has always been a brand well ahead of its time. It was one of the first brands to launch a lip stain in India, and I have always had a fondness for the Giordani Gold range, especially their lipsticks which are highly moisturizing, not to mention the iconic Giordani Gold Bronzing Pearls. I personally love using the bronzing pearls on my eyelids for a very light and natural wash of colour, together with the Giordani Gold lipstick (30458) Copper Shine, which is my pick from the lipstick range. You can see below how I use the two of them for a daily look.
However, what I love about Oriflame Giordani Gold Collection of makeup is that the products are created keeping in mind the approaching winter season and the tendency of skin to become dry. The products, especially the CC Cream and Lipsticks, are quite moisturizing and great for the skin.
Here’s a quick step-by-step guide to a simple Fall makeup which can be recreated very quickly with Oriflame products:
- Moisturize your face and then apply the Giordani Gold CC Cream with SPF 35 all over your face. Pick the colour which matches your skin tone (I picked Natural which suits me well). You can also add concealer wherever required.
- Pick your favourite Giordani Gold Eye Shadow Quad (Aakriti’s pick was Radiant Plum Quad which she claimed was the most versatile and perfect for Fall). Use the bottom right shade all over the lid, the top left shade on the crease and the top right shade on your browbone.
- Make sure your eyebrows are groomed, and if required, filled.
- Use a dark kohl to line the eyes. Aakriti used Oriflame The One High Impact Eye Pencil in Onyx Black.
- Apply Bronzing Pearls to the cheeks. Use them sparingly, just enough to give a glow and add some contouring details.
- Fill the lips with a natural coloured lipstick. The one used for the look was Oriflame Giordani Gold Lipstick Copper Shine.
If you look at the result, you would realize that this is a simple, yet extremely effective look which can be worn with both Indian as well as Western clothing, and can be carried off by virtually anyone. So check out Oriflame India’s website and find a representative near you who can provide you with the products.
Disclaimer: Poorna Banerjee was invited to attend a makeup tutorial session with Aakriti Kochhar.