So, when I first floated the idea of having a giveaway post as my 100th post on Facebook, I got a large number of responses to my post, and half of the people who wrote their opinions told me that I should have a giveaway of cakes baked by me. Much as I would have loved to oblige, cakes do not travel well, and I decided on giving away something that does. Other suggestions included cooking ingredients, cookbooks, makeup, beauty products, and god knows what else.
I scratched my head to think of the stuff I can actually include in the giveaway, and then finally came to a decision, which was not easy, but a good one. Besides cooking, my other passion is reading books, or doing something which would be related to cooking. However, who am I to decide what you want, reader?
That is why I am going to make this giveaway a lot more interesting by giving away not any particular thing, but something else altogether. I have loved online shopping time and again, and thus, I will make this into a giveaway that will be I will be giving away a Flipkart Voucher.
And yes, I am going to pay this out of my own pocket. This is NOT a sponsored giveaway, just something I want to do to celebrate my blog growing up. I have always liked Flipkart, and have never had an issue with them, and my last stolen phone was from them, and it never gave me any trouble in all the time it stayed with me. So, to celebrate the fact that my blog recently got about 25000+ pageviews, has over 60 GFC followers already, and over 100 fans, and the fact that THIS IS THE 100th POST I am giving away a voucher worth INR 1000 from Flipkart.
It is a modest amount ofmoney, but I am absolutely sure you guys can find something nice within the price and use it. There are a few rules that you must follow, however. Please read them below. And have a good day! Also, the competition will run from the time of its publication to the 28th December, 2012 12 p.m. IST, and I will announce the winner on 1st January, 2013 (and if by chance I cannot, I will publish it as soon as I can from then). The competition is India-Only (since Flipkart does not deliver outside), so that is a bummer for my international audience. However, as this is my first giveaway, I am just feeling the vibe of the matter, and later, I might do an international giveaway if all goes well here.
To enter the Contest:
1. Follow me on Google Friend Connector (GFC).
2. Follow me on Facebook.
3. In the comments section below, please mention your name on GFC and Facebook, along with your email so I can contact you, and let me know if there is something from Flipkart you would like to get with the voucher.
4. Follow me on Google + (Optional entry).
Okay, this is a request. If the winner takes a photo and shows me later what he/she has bought with the voucher I gave her, it will be really nice.
1. All contestants who are participating must be over the age of 18 and must have a valid postal and e-mail address in India.
2. All contestants must have a real name, and be the owner of a valid Facebook profile. Fake names and fake, unconnected profiles are not allowed.
3. All contestants must make it a point not to make multiple entries. One entry per person is allowed.
4. To be eligible for the giveaway, all contestants must make sure that they fulfill the condition 1, 2 and 3 of the competition.
About the Flipkart.com Voucher:
1.The Flipkart.com e-Gift Voucher can only be redeemed on the Flipkart.com website.
2. e-Gift Vouchers cannot be used to purchase other e-Gift Vouchers.
3. One or more e-Gift Vouchers can be redeemed against an order.
4. If the order value exceeds the e-Gift Voucher amount, the balance must be paid by Credit Card / Debit Card / Internet Banking.
5. If the order value is less than the amount of the e-Gift Voucher, the outstanding balance (after deduction of order value) will reflect under the same e-Gift Voucher.
6. e-Gift Vouchers and unused portions of e-Gift Vouchers expire 1 year from the date of issue.
e-Gift Vouchers cannot be redeemed for Cash or Credit but are transferable.
7. Flipkart.com is not responsible if an e-Gift Voucher is lost, stolen or used without permission.
You can combine and use a maximum of 3 e-Gift Vouchers per order.